15 August 2008

A Jab at the Wire-Crochet Technique

I'm looking into making bracelets and trying the wire crochet technique. I'm not very satisfied with my silver one but this copper piece is a worthy starting point, I think.


I used a tutorial from Diane Gilleland: How to Crochet a Bead and Wire Bracelet. I worked with copper wire, Unakite, Goldstone, and Peach Aventurine. When I looked into these stone's properties I found out that collectively they exude energies to help the wearer be more creative and more adept in making decisions.

I'm not sure if I want to make more crocheted pieces, I'm thinking of reverting to actual wire-wrapping and making pieces using those techniques instead.

1 comment:

Diane Gilleland said...

It's absolutely lovely! I love the look of those beads together.

 
ss_blog_claim=3fff8956249f6cbf20b05ca780998b9f ss_blog_claim=3fff8956249f6cbf20b05ca780998b9f